Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kenny the co-worker

Background of Seoul city :)

Seoul Tower, Namsan



Kenny, our co-worker from D.C.
On Saturday we wanted to take our co-worker Kenny to Seoul Tower in Namsan. Jeremy and I have been there before, but this day had beautiful weather and we hadn't been there in a while. Kenny has been here for almost a year and hasn't explored much of Ansan, but also hasn't been to many places elsewhere in the Gyeonggi-do district. Jeremy and I wanted to be like his tour guide. :) Just so you know, Kenny was born and lived here in Korea until he was about 6, so really Kenny should have been our tour guide, haha. We made it to the base of the mountain for Seoul Tower, but Kenny (and I) didn't want to climb the millions of steps to get to the top. We all agreed on taking the gondola to the top. That didn't work out because the line was really, really long. I watched it come and go, and I got a little nervous that I would get sick because it was swaying in the wind. Kenny also is a bit claustrophobic, and the people were jam packed into the small space. From there, Kenny decided he would take us to a man-made river. I do not remember the name, but it turns out this is the exact same spot that Jeremy and I came to for the Lantern Festival earlier this year. It looked different in the day time with no lanterns. :) All in all, we had a great day. We had two meals and dessert with Kenny, so it was actually quite a long day. But the weather was so beautiful, who can complain? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment