Saturday, March 19, 2011

Paul's Birthday

Saturday we went to the Osan Air Force Base. We have a friend who is in the Air Force. I have known Paul since I was in elementary school. He is Niki's age and was actually Niki's friend growing up. They stayed in touch all these years, then recently he found out that Jeremy and I were here. He got into contact with us, probably through Niki, and we began hanging out with him on base. This was our third trip to hang out in the last couple of months. It's awesome when we get to hang out on the base. It really feels like we are back in the states!
Paul's birthday was this weekend, so we went to celebrate his birthday. He is also leaving back to the states mid-April, so this might have been the last time we get to hang out. For his birthday, I attempted to make a German chocolate cake per his request. The cakes didn't seem to be too successful, but since I've never made one, who's to say they were bad? :D Then when I tried to make the frosting, again I had never made it, so I wasn't sure how to know if it was done. We were running late that day, so I had to just say it was done, put it in a bowl, and finish the cake at Paul's place. I made chocolate chip cookies as a back up, haha! :) In the end, when I was finished putting it together, I served the 3 guys and they all ate it. Paul's roommate said it was very good and he went back for seconds. Paul eventually went back for seconds also. The weird thing was that it was a moist cake, but it was really crumbly so cutting it was a disaster. Oh well, at least they ate it! :D
For Paul's birthday dinner, we went to a steak house! Woohoo! They had great tasting sweet tea there, too. Jeremy missed out on ordering a rootbeer because he didn't see it until after he ordered the sweet tea. Poor guy. Then after dinner we went bowling. Yahoo for bowling! I did very bad the first game- everyone beat me, haha! I couldn't slide, so a couple of times I almost biffed it face first down the lane. It was funny. Then at one point, I was already embarrassed for almost biffing it, that when I went to sit down, I completely missed the seat! I almost landed on my butt, but there was a lady behind me who helped catch me. Talk about complete embarrassment!! Hahaha! Good times, good times. :D Jeremy did really good in bowling, too. He had a great time.
We headed home probably after 9 p.m. Unfortunately, we didn't get home until after 11 p.m. The subway took a very long time to come, and we have to transfer once also. Oh well. While we waited Jeremy read his iPod, and I started on my paper for my master's class. All in all, it was a fun day. The weather was so fantastic! We didn't even need our jackets!  Sorry for no pictures, but I hope you enjoyed reading about our fun day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment