Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Korea is really weird...I mean different #1

Countless times through out our travels around Korea Cathleen or I have said "That is just weird" or "What the heck is wrong with Korea?!". So, I wanted to start sharing a few of those things that have made our lives in Korea interesting to say the least. For the first one I thought I would talk about the traveling in Korea.

From the very beginning I knew that there was no way I would ever drive in Korea. Our most memorable rides in Taxis and Buses are Cathleen being just on the verge of throwing up, and me praying to God that we make it to the end without running over any slow pedestrians on the side walk. Although making Cathleen carsick is not really anything special, the driving here is definitely different than Portland.

We learned the rules of the road one night when a friend drove us home.  Beep Beep means look out I am coming, get out of my way, while BEEEEEEEP means get off the road you crazy. The great thing was he decided to show us what exactly they sound like as we drove through the commercial district of Gojang at 11 at night.

So yeah, Driving in Korea, it's.... different.

No comments:

Post a Comment