Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rendezvous


Last week we had some beautiful weather! The leaves have definitely changed here and it's so pretty. We saw that the weather was going to change this weekend, so we wanted to head to the mountains to be able to get a view of the gorgeous colors. Tuesdays we don't have our first class until 5 p.m., so we thought that would be a great time to go. When we went to catch the subway, one of the trains were down. The one that came by going the opposite direction we wanted to go, was going to take at least a half hour to come back to us. So, we decided against going that day :( Instead, we got ready for work and headed to Lake Park because there were some colored trees there, and it's just a beautiful park. We had a little rendezvous before work. :D As we walked around the lake we took pictures and tried to capture the fall beauty. Jeremy wanted to take multiples of me for some reason. Then, I just became goofy because I was getting so many photos taken of me. The best one is the one of us kissing. It took a few shots to get it right. It also didn't help that I had a cold, and as I kept laughing my nose would run. You can imagine what it was like for Jeremy when I did that! :D All in all, it was all so fun and so pretty!
We also found out our teacher evaluations that the students did about us. They weren't that good. My pile was 3/4 like me, 1/4 had something negative to say. Jeremy's pile was half like him, half had something negative to say. At least it helped us know where we need to improve on. Unfortunately, I took it very hard. As soon as I was back in my classroom, I bawled for about 5 minutes. It wasn't so much what the kids said, but how Jaena delivered it to us. Her words made us feel that it was all OUR fault for why 60 students left in 2 months. Which isn't true, but she has a hard time communicating things softly in English to us. I got over it in about a day, and realized I can only do my best for the next 9 months. Thankfully we had a four day weekend to help me relax and give us a chance to get out and do things we want to do. I will post about our long weekend in the next couple of days. I figured a long post wouldn't be very fun to read! :

No comments:

Post a Comment